Monday Motivation #4 - Change Your Perspective on Success
Success, it's one of those odd words that should mean something different to every person - but 21st century life often means that for many success is the same thing. That success tends to come in the form of a promotion at work, a pay rise, paying the bills, buying a new car or tv ... and whilst they could all be considered generally a success they aren't really what success is about. Today's Motivation Monday is about giving you the power to re-think what success means to you and allowing it to open up new corridors in your life.
Success should be about what makes you feel awesome, what makes you happy - not your business goals (even if they do sometimes feel great).
If you are struggling to grasp how you can make success more personal and meaningful, here are a few things to remember.
- You are in control - "You are the writer, producer, director, stage manager and set designer of your life. You are also the star." - Jo Casey
- Money may support your success but not (in itself) be success.
- It probably will have nothing to do with your work.
So here is your 60 second challenge: Think of 1 success and what actions you can take (right now) to get more success.
Here are a few ideas as to what others may consider a success...
- Sitting down for Dinner with the family whenever possible.
- Spending more time playing with son / daughter.
- Talking with friends & family more.
- Having a date night each week / month.
- Being organised each week to make life easier to manage.
- Removing stressful parts of life.
What does success look like to you?